Quinceañera Requirements for St. Henry
This page should help you understand the expectations when you decide to celebrate a Quinceañera here at St. Henry.
We're excited to help you! If you have any questions, please feel free to call the parish office. The young lady celebrating her Quinceañera will be referred to as a candidate in the below lists to avoid confusion.
1. The candidate must be a baptized
Catholic who has received the
Sacraments of Reconciliation
and First Communion.
3. The family that wishes to celebrate
the Quinceañera of their daughter
should be registered members at
St. Henry unless they have permission
from their registered parish
to celebrate it here.
2. Meet with Father to
discuss Quinceañera preparation.
3. Set a date for the Quinceañera.
4. Reserve the Church for the
Quinceañera and rehearsal?
5. Ask the parish that the candidate
was baptized in to send us
a baptism certificate.
6. The Candidate should establish a habit
of prayer and attend Mass regularly.
7. The Candidate should participate
in Reconciliation shortly before
8. St. Henry has a Facility Use Fee
of $150 for parishioners.
1. Liturgical furnishing are sacred;
They may not be moved, removed,
2. Flowers and plants should be real.
3. Flowers may not be placed on top of
4. Bubble machines, balloons, and
karaoke machines may not be used at any time before, during or after the
5. The throwing of rice, birdseed, rose petals, potpourri, confetti, etc. is
prohibited on church property for
cleanliness and safety.
6. Food and beverages are not
permitted within the sacred worship
space and smoking is prohibited on
all church property.
7. It is important to have people
assigned to pick up any garbage,
decorations, or anything left behind.
8. Alcohol is not permitted on church
property at the time surrounding the
Quinceañera rehearsal and any time prior to the start of the
1. Rehearsal is usually when? Everyone
involved should arrive at the practice on
2. A Quinceañera usually takes
about 1 hour.
3. The Family should find readers for the bible readings and the petitions. (1-3
people) (1-2 if you know a deacon will
be present to read the petitions)
4. The Family should also find 1-3 Gift
Bearers, 1-3 Eucharistic, and 2 Servers.
5. It is recommended not to have more
than seven padrinos.
6. Padrinos must be Catholic?
7. No pets will be allowed in
8. No signs in the procession.
9. Readings for you to choose from are
on this website. (Hard copies
available in the office.)
Choosing these before choosing
music can be helpful.
10. Music should be chosen from the
approved list on this site.
(Hard copies available in the office.)
11. Michael Mettler, the Director of
Music and Liturgy, can be reached
at 218-346-7030. Music needs to
be set up through him. He can help
you find an accompanist and a
12. There must be someone at
the Quinceañera that is familiar with
the sound system.
13. The Accompanist Fee is $200?
14. The Cantor Fee is $150?
15. Contact additional singers for fee
information. You may also contact
the accompanist and/or cantor if
you have questions about the fee.