In light of Governor Walz’ executive order of March 25th, Bishop Kettler has asked our parishes to take further precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19. While these measures feel extreme and may increase our frustration, we continue to pray for healing, hope, and patience. Beginning this Saturday, March 28th, the new conditions will be as follows:
1. Our churches will be closed to the public for the duration of the executive order, that is until Friday, April 10th, at 5:00 p.m.
2. St. Henry’s Area School and St. Henry’s Parish Offices will be closed during the stay-at-home order. Most of our staff will be working from home, so email is the best way to contact them. We will continue to check phone messages at the offices periodically, but I would prefer that you call or text me, Father Matthew (218-298-2030), or Deacon Randy (218-457-0925) directly.
3. With the church closed, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at St. Henry’s is suspended during the stay-at-home order.
4. Masses will continue to be available via streaming video linked to our website: www.parishfaith.com. Holy Week liturgies will also be available online.
5. I will continue to hear Confessions and Anoint the sick as often as you ask. Please call or text me at 218-298-2030. You can also make appointments with me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you or your loved one are residing at an assisted living or health care facility, please check with your administrators to see if they will allow me to visit. Some of our care facilities are not allowing clergy access at the present time.
6. Stations of the Cross have been video recorded and will be available on our website very soon.
Thank you for your patience as we adapt to these new circumstances. We still have work to do! Do what you are able to sanctify your homes and families. Please do take advantage of the radio and streaming video Masses and make an act of Spiritual Communion each day. Continue to pray together, offer penances, and make this a time of spiritual renewal and growth. Keep the faith and be not afraid!